ANNETTE MOONEY’S TRACK RECORD
- Led the water charges campaign – and helped defeat the government.
- Dublin Bay South Co-ordinator of Together for Yes. It won the highest Yes vote for Repeal in the whole country.
- Set up the Irish Glass Bottle Campaign which secured 875 social and affordable houses.
- Fought the property tax – and will vote to continually reduce.
- Campaigned for the right of Council Tenants to an independent complaints agency
A NEW COUNCILLOR WHO WILL CHALLENGE DUBLIN CITY MANAGEMENT
Dublin City Council built only 5 proper council houses in 2018 -even though there are 17,000 on the housing list.
People Before Profit proposed a vote of no confidence in its CEO, Owen Keegan. None of the councillors from this area supported it. Annette Mooney will challenge the unelected management of Dublin City council.
Annette Mooney will fight
- For publicly owned land to be used for social and affordable housing.
- Homes not Hotels. Use the planning laws to tackle the housing crisis.
- Declare Dublin a Climate Emergency city – start taking real action..
- Save Markievicz Pool and Gym. Re-route Metro link and cut bus fares.
- Shut down the incinerator. Monitor for noise and air pollution.